Vanilla Arches is located on the East Coast of Zanzibar near Paje. It is here that guests walk barefoot on icing sugar beaches and experience true Zanzibari hospitality. The East Coast is tranquil and paradise rediscovered. Do not expect Mass Tourism here!
The Villa is set on a large private estate(3500m²), built around traditional Swahili Arches surrounded by the original coconut trees and a tropical garden.
Guests of Vanilla Arches have access to the lovely beach with Shaded bandas and cushioned loungers, metres away. The East Coast has become a water sport haven with Kite Surfing, Snorkeling at Blue Lagoon and Diving the sparkling coral reefs, all close by! The 5m x 3m pool at Vanilla Arches is great after a day in the African sun!
There is a full time taxi driver available and a daily/weekly rate can be negotiated.
Vanilla Arches is rented on an Exclusive Basis and comes fully serviced. Guests have the pleasure of a Service team on duty to ensure total relaxation. Some guests even make use of the babysitting services available. Massages can be arranged at Vanilla Arches and the Henna body decoration is very popular with all our guests!
Tours, Excursion and Safaris
- Vanilla Arches has partnered with a reputable Safari and Tour operator based in Stone Town. Through this partnership, Vanilla Arches is able to offer guests scenic flights to several destinations and affordable Safaris within close proximity to Zanzibar!
- The diving and snorkeling on the East Coast is amazing and the nearest Dive Centre is 10min from the Villa. Diving can be arranged at a reputable Dive centre 10min away.
- Snorkeling at Blue Lagoon coral reef is highly recommended and can be done from Vanilla Arches. Hire a Dhow boat or simply snorkel from the beach.
- The most famous “City and Spice Tour” is a highlight for most visitors to Zanzibar – a truly interactive and experiential day trip.
- For a more organic experience try: Seaweed farming walks into the Reef; Crab catching and octopus fishing – for the more adventurous.
Features Of Rental
Accommodation available: 4 Spacious Bedrooms – all with Air conditioningTwo spacious Luxurious bedrooms upstairs - in total they sleep 6 -8 people comfortably (sharing)
These 2 Rooms have Luxury Ensuite Bathrooms with modern Italian Fittings
Bedrooms are furnished with traditional Zanzibari furniture and have Central Air Conditioning
Bathrooms have Hair dryers, rooms are fitted with Safety Deposit Boxes
Rooms open onto the Upstairs Terrace which is perfect for an afternoon nap, on a cushioned lounger in a private curtained space
The downstairs two Garden Moorish rooms open onto the Tropical garden
They are beautifully decorated with traditional furniture and artifacts
Each room has a stunning Swahili Baraza – an alcove with Double Bed – for sleeping or reading. This space is great for families with children. Each room can sleep 4 people comfortably
Garden Moorish rooms have Large Ensuite Wet/Bathrooms, Air conditioning and ceiling fans
Services Included in Tariff
Vanilla Arches Services and Facilities:Villa is Fully Serviced - A Daily Housekeeping and Service team
Breakfast and Dinner cost an additional U$25 per person daily
This includes the services of a Local Chef to manage the food supplies, cleaning and preparation of daily meals and extras if required
(Seafood like Octopus, Crab and Lobster is readily available)
Chef can arrange barbeques, beach dinners etc
Complimentary Coffee/Tea,Wifi, Ice, Mineral Water, 2 Bicycles
Additional costs are: Drinks, Laundry, Taxi Service, Tours
Spacious Villa with Tropical Garden - fenced off for privacy
Private Swimming Pool, Sun Loungers
Beach Sunbeds metres from the Villa (Take a Cooler with drinks)
Stunning Ocean Views from this 8m high Deck, couches
Barazas Garden resting area with shade, Pool Table, Dart Board, Taxi Service
TV, DVD player, Movie collection available on request
Massage Therapist on request = enjoy massages in your room
Towels and Linen provided, Changed every 3 days
Close proximity to a Paje with a few restaurants to choose from - Choose fresh Pizzas, Sushi or Swahili cuisine